A few years ago (2006/2007) I was part of a block swap through SCQIS which is a quilt based yahoo group. There were 12 of us in the group and we all made a pieced block of my chosing. My block choice was Shooting Star 2, the beige fabric was supplied by me, and all participants used a colour from the Fossil Fern range.
I received the blocks back over three years ago and it has been sitting in my craft room for many years as a cot quilt. Earlier this year we found out that my sister-in-law was expecting her third child.
Today, my sister-in-law Stephanie gave birth to her third daughter. One day overdue and weighing in at 9lb3oz (a fraction over 4.2kg). As I do this post, we do not know the name of our neice.
Here is the completed that was finished on 19 July (the due date) and it is ready to go to New Zealand on Thursday with Justin.
Till next time
XoX

4 comments:
That's very sweet! Ann :)
Hi Sarah, Well done, the quilt looks wonderful. I'm sure your new niece will enjoy it. I have about 3 swaps yet to be put together from SQIS and like you they have been sitting in my sewing room for far too long. Happy Sewing
Raylee
Hi Sarah,
I remember this swap - mine is yet to be made up, I think it will be a retirement activity! I love the cot quilt you have made and I'm sure your sister-in-law will treasure it.
best wises Jill (ex-mt isa)
What a beautiful quilt! I hope that Stephanie appreciates what a treasure she has!
Post a Comment