Saturday, March 20, 2010

Another birthday, another year older

Last weekend I finally arrived at my last year of being in my 30's.  Yep I am now 39 and on the countdown to 40 NOT!!  Age is just a number.

I started off with my 30's back in 2001.   In the past 9 and bit years I have acheived more than I could have ever dreamed of.

In my dying months of my 20's, I got married, moved to Australia two weeks before I was 30, and between those two dates, I found out I was pregnant with our first child.   One person said to me Made in New Zealand, but Katie was born in Australia.  She does not understand that meaning yet.

But back to my 30's.   I started off my creative side still dabbling in Cross-stitch, enjoying quilting and now nine years on, I don't do any of that at the moment but do cardmaking, scrapbooking and mixed media art (well I TRY to do that). 

Not only do I have one daughter, but two.   I have a wonderful group of friends that I love, cherish and adore.  

My birthday last weekend was the most memorable one for a very long time.   I got woken up but two little girls who wanted me to open my pressies.   I mean 7.10am on a Sunday, are you serious,  they were.  One suggested breakie in bed and came back with a Up and Go shake from the fridge.   I had lots of phone calls and text messages it was awesome.

My lovely and wonderful hubby got for me the Golden Watermedia Set, Lyra Aquacolor Crayons and 15 spraybottles.   All that I wanted, and I emailed him the list.   Glad he got the hint.  

I seriously can understand why our American friends love Golden.  It is brilliant and so easy to use.

Another little surprise that arrived was from Tracy K in WA state who sent over a little containder of the Golden Soft Gel (Gloss), well that is the best gel I have used and will be getting a larger bottle here when I run out.   I might have converted.  Now how to figure out how does one pay for this all once the visa is smashed with art supplies?

Thanks to all who have made my 39th birthday wonderful and special.  

I am pleased to call you all friends. 
Lots of love and hugs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So nice to find that you will not let your age define you! I love journaling and you have lovely images on your blog! Be back again!

Barb said...

A belated happy birthday Sarah.... but don't fret ...life truly does begin at 40...it's the slide down from there that sux!...LOL