What a busy week our family has had. On Saturday 31 January 2009, Justin's Mum lost her brave 7 year battle with cancer aged only 57. I am so thankful that he made it back in time to be with her for her final hours. There were concerns that he would not get back but he did. Somehow I think she waited till he was there. The service was on Thursday in New Zealand and the weather was perfect. There was actually sunshine. It was an emotional day for sure. My girls were aware of what was happening as were there cousins. For these four girls they get on so well you wouldn't think that they only see each other every couple of years. Katie was very teary.
L-R Katie 7, Aimee 6, Hannah 4, Claire 5.
After a day of saying goodbye to Grandma, what else can you do? Well we made popcorn and they watched a movie. One movie that was enjoyed was Mamma Mia. Somehow I think I will be buying this one.
Here are all the girls having fun eating popcorn. Up until this day Claire did not eat it. This is one child who continues to surprise me.
2 comments:
Hey There Miss Sarah.....
Love your blog....
Isn't it amazing that after such an emotional day that you can still manage to see a bright side... Well done girl
No popcorn!? My kids were weaned with popcorn and that is still their fav snack! My daughter is in the room watching Mamma Mia, but I have managed to avoid it thus far, lol! I also realize you are 12 hours ahead of me, lol!
Post a Comment